The Game Changer
If you thought 7 inches was the maximum size a Double-Din car stereo screen could achieve, then you’re in for a pleasant surprise. The folks at Alpine have been hard at work concocting a head unit that breaks all the rules. The Alpine INE-Z928HD navigation receiver features an unheard of 8 inch screen and is filled to the brim with the latest technology. This year at the international CES awards, this unit won an innovations design and engineering award and it is blatantly obvious as to why. Everything about this unit is smoothly intuitive and gives the user a seamless way to access any of the plentiful features that are present.
- Pandora Internet Radio control for streaming and station creation from iPhone, Android, and even Blackberry smartphones
- 3D WVGA navigation design with over 6 million points of interest and free TMC traffic monitoring
- Built-in HD radio which is compatible with SiriusXM
- Built-in Bluetooth for audio streaming, phonebook search, hands-free calling and call waiting
- 9-Band Parametric equalizer with customization features such as speaker count, speaker location, and upholstery type
- 3 Pairs of 4 volt pre-amp outputs
- My favorites screen allows user to set up to 8 shortcuts
If you’re wondering how you fit an 8 inch double-din head unit in a space meant for up to 7 inches, then don’t worry because Alpine is way ahead of you. They have developed Perfect fit packages which are specifically designed to accommodate the INE-Z928HD. They are available in ten of the most popular vehicle platforms and have even designed a universal kit for custom installations if there is no specific kit for your car. In addition, these kits will retain any factory steering wheel controls and come with a vehicle specific wiring harness. We are very eager to get our hands on this unit and you should be too.